I learned to play chess at the age of six and played many tournaments during my career of more than 30 years.
I am currently the number 1 player in Brazil according to the FIDE rating list.
At the age of 18 I became the youngest Brazilian to achieve the title of Grandmaster.
My main achievements are:
- World Champion U-12 in 1991
- World Champion U-18 in 1996
- 8 times Pan-American champion
- 7 times Brazilian Champion
- Silver medalist (3rd board) at the Chess Olympiad 2006
- 3rd place at the Correspondence World Championship 2012. This result granted me the title of Correspondence Grandmaster and I became one of the few players with the title of GM in both correspondence and over the board chess.